It is a common perception that men are the only hair loss or baldness sufferers but females also experience this unpleasant process. Thick hair are the sign of youthfulness and beauty among women but unfortunately around 30 percent of women experience some sort of hair thinning in the form of more visible scalp or thin ponytail. There are many causes and ways to control or treat this devastating process – known as female pattern baldness. Read on to know more.
Causes behind female pattern baldness
Female pattern baldness that differs from that of male pattern baldness occurs in the form of hair thinning on top of the scalp and temples. It can be caused by several reasons. Here are some of the most common ones.
- Aging: It is perhaps the most common cause. Around every woman starts losing more strands of hair with every passing year.
- Hormonal changes: Changes in level of male hormones is also the cause behind baldness. It usually occurs when woman reaches menopause.Low level of thyroid hormone also contributes. Pregnancy is another cause of temporary hair loss.
- Hereditary: Both male and female pattern baldness’s are hereditary issues. Women who have baldness in their family history are more likely to suffer from it.
- Certain diseases: Certain skin diseases that affect scalp and damage hair follicles and autoimmune diseases may also cause baldness in females.
- Certain medications:Some medicines like beta blockers and chemotherapy are also hair loss causes.
- Nutritional deficiency: Women who don’t have adequate nutritious diet have more chances of getting bald scalp. Iron, vitamin deficiencies are the main causes.
- Certain hair styles: Some hair styles like tight braids and buns cause twisting and pulling that damages hair shaft as well as follicles leading to hair thinning.
Treatments for female pattern baldness
What so ever the cause behind is, it is important to seek the treatment that really works and helps cope this issue in a better way. A variety of methods are available for preventing, controlling and treating hair loss and baldness among women – from natural home remedies to hair loss medications and hair restoration procedures. Some of the non-surgical methods may work for controlling hair loss but if you want to restore thick hair permanently, hair transplant surgery is the choice.
Hair Transplant in Dubai
At Dubai Hair Club, we offer both FUT and FUE hair transplant. Here you can get a reliable treatment for female pattern baldness that leaves no mark behind. So, don’t delay booking a free consultation with our experts and let them help you find perfect solution to your problem.
If you want to undergo hair transplant in Dubai or have any queries, call us now or fill in the free online consultation form below.